Translate

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Bonnie, the gift that keeps on giving

My pets have always been a very important part of my life so it's only fitting that I introduce you to Bonnie. She really is the gift that keeps on giving.
She arrived just before Christmas, unexpectedly in that I wasn't expecting her. My beautiful Gypsy had died of cancer in October and i didn't expect to replace her so soon. My daughter's felt it was time to move on. They scoured the countryside online and found this beautiful Collie pup in Galway. They have this ridiculous video of me when they arrived home with her, I'm a snivelling mess. I just loved her the minute I set eyes on her. I hope to God it never ends up on youtube. If it does I'll bequeath my parrot to whoever is responsible.

Chicco is the Parrot. I'm the only one in the house who's fond of her. My father in law God rest him, bought Chicco when he came to live with us and presented me with her. They can live to be 35. We have her 15 years. Her screech would deafen you, not what you want to be listening to if you are suffering a hangover. The girls keep giving her chocolate and crisps in the hope that she'll kick the bucket before me.

We always had animals at home when we were growing up. My mother was an animal lover and every stray dog or cat that wandered to our door was welcomed in. She used to say, It was animals that kept the child Jesus warm in Bethlehem. Therefore they were as important as humans to her, and more important than some.
I remember one of our dogs was having pups one time and decided that the couch was as good a place as any to have them. Mam turned the couch in towards the wall to give the dog privacy. Another time a cat had her kittens in the wardrobe on top of our clothes. It definitely was an alternative upbringing. We learned a lot about the facts of life from these occasions. Before we witnessed these births she used to tell us that the cat took out her kittens during the night but put them back in again before we could see them. It was an interesting theory.

Meet Bonnie, she's adorable. You couldn't be down in the dumps when she's around and she's always so happy to see you. She actually smiles.

 Camera settings, camera -Canon 70D, lens Canon 70-300mm@300mm, exp 1/400sec, f5.6, ISO 200

 Camera settings, Camera-Canon 70D, Lens 10-135mm@44mm, exp 1/80sec, f6.3, ISO 100

 Camera settings, Camera-Canon 70D, Lens Canon 70-300@180mm, exp 1/800sec, f5, ISO 200

 Camera settings, Camera- Canon 70D, Lens Canon18-135mm@29mm, exp 1/250sec, f 9, ISO 100

 Camera settings, Camera- Canon 70D, Lens 70-300mm@70mm, exp 1/250sec, f9, ISO 400

 Camera settings, Camera 70D, Lens 18-135mm@18mm, exp 1/200sec, f11, ISO 100

 Camera settings, Camera Canon 70D, Lens70-300@300mm, exp1/80sec(too slow), f9, ISO 100

 Camera settings, Camera- Canon 70D, lens Canon 70-300mm@300mm, exp 1/320sec, f8, ISO 1250

Camera settings, Camera-Canon 70D, lens Canon 18-135mm@18mm, exp 1/320sec, f22, ISO 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment