Translate

Thursday 7 August 2014

Mad Cows

I haven't been here for a while. I had a lovely holiday and a break from all things technical and the internet, which I missed only slightly.
I did get to take lots of photos and got a bit done on a body of work I'm thinking about and dreaming about and planning. If it ever get's finished I'll share it with you at some stage.

This is about cow's. I love looking at cattle, they are such peaceful creatures most of the time. I have had a few hairy experiences with them though. Once, while walking through a field with himself and the dog, the cattle were up the hill at a fair distance minding their own business. Then one started walking down towards us and i got a little nervous. Himself said don't run what ever you do. Next her friend followed suit and before long all their friends were trotting towards us. Well i took off, it was everyman and dog for himself as far as i was concerned. I made it to a clump of trees with himself following I might add and scrambled through a barbed wire fence ripping my jeans in the process but i didn't care. I had survived being trampled.
On another occasion I was visiting the ruin of my Great grandfather's house in Mullinasole, Co. Donegal when the local cattle got very inquisitive and surrounded the house. As there was no door on the ruin or windows for that matter I was freaking out more than a little. Himself had a stick and proceeded to warn them off while we scurried again for safety. Our old dog was chased around the ruin by these mad beasts but thankfully got to us in time before she was trampled.

These are some photos i took recently in Ring Co Waterford of the local beasts. Ring cattle are friendly enough. They graze an area known locally as the Connigear and are well used to people passing by. These were taken nearer to Helvic and thankfully these beasts were behind walls and i was safely positioned on the road.


 Camera settings Lens used, Tamron 10-24mm@24mm, exposure 1/100sec, f32, ISO100 


Camera settings Lens used Tamron 10-24mm@24mm, exposure 1/100sec, f9, ISO100


Camera Settings Lens used Tamron 10-24mm@16mm, exposure 1/100sec, f25, ISO 100




No comments:

Post a Comment